Landscape Photography Instruction
NOW OFFERING REMOTE PHOTOGRAPHY INSTRUCTION VIA VIDEO CONFERENCING!
Offering personalized one-on-one and small group landscape photography instruction sessions for beginning to advanced photographers. All sessions are 1-hour and field-based in the Missoula area.
- Landscape Photography 101: Introduction to exposure-setting (exposure triangle); basic camera tutorial; introduction to composition techniques
- Landscape Photography 201: Advanced exposure-settings (shooting for post-processing); advanced camera settings; advanced composition techniques; introduction to High-Dynamic Range shooting
Rates: $50/hour and/or $130/3 hours (Recommended 3 - 1-hour sessions)
Example instruction sequence for '101':
- Review of exposure fundamentals (aperture, ISO and shutter speed) and how to effectively use the 'exposure triangle' to create strong landscape images
- Overview of basic camera functions: focus controls, metering modes, shooting modes and menus
- Managing the camera as an imaging tool
- Overview of composition techniques for landscape photography: angles, rule-of-thirds, lines, focus and foreground/mid-ground/background
- Shooting practice employing composition techniques in concert with exposure fundamentals
- Post-processing workflow; or
- Additional shooting and fieldwork
Interested? Drop me a line!